The Joomla 3.9.6 upgrade has been applied to all Bear Web Design client accounts. This upgrade is a security fix release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses one security vulnerability and contains over 25 bug fixes and improvements.
What's in 3.9.6?
Joomla 3.9.6 includes one security vulnerability fix and several bugs and improvements, including:
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - XSS in com_users ACL debug views (affecting Joomla 1.7.0 through 3.9.5) More information »
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Media Manager: Fix logic in file upload check introduced in 3.9.5 #24637
- Edge Chromium support added #24379
- User Notes: Fix date format #24529
- Frontend editing: article category editable by Publishers and up #24640
- Cache: Cache folder automatically created if it doesn’t exist #21952
- PostgreSQL database improvements #24682 #24683 #24652