Joomla 3.8.6 has been updated to all client websites. This is a security fix release for the 3.x series of Joomla addressing one security vulnerability and including over 60 bug fixes and improvements.
What's in Joomla 3.8.6?
Joomla 3.8.6 addresses one security vulnerability and several bugs, including:
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - SQLi vulnerability in User Notes (affecting Joomla 3.5.0 through 3.8.5) More information »
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Various session management improvements #19548, #19687
- Multilingual: Associated categories should display only when published #19551
- Improve performance of the com_content category view with filter by tags #19284
- [com_fields] Fields are not copied when batch duplicating an article #16958
- Pass the configuration tmp_path to the archive package for extension installations #19608
- Hide global configuration and system information from non super users #19697
- Language overrides do not find plugin language files when files are in the plugin language folder #19740
- reCAPTCHA V1 - Discontinued #19648
- Delete existing user_keys, if password is changed #17827
- PHP 7.2 compatibility fixes