Joomla 3.8.4 is now available. This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla addressing four security vulnerabilities and including over 100 bug fixes and improvements. All of Bear Web Design Clients have been upgraded to the latest version!
What's in Joomla 3.8.4?
Joomla 3.8.4 addresses four security vulnerabilities and several bugs, including:
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - XSS vulnerability in module chromes (affecting Joomla 3.0.0 through 3.8.3) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - XSS vulnerability in com_fields (affecting Joomla 3.7.0 through 3.8.3) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - XSS vulnerability in Uri class (affecting Joomla 1.5.0 through 3.8.3) More information »
- Low Priority - Core - SQLi vulnerability in Hathor postinstall message (affecting Joomla 3.7.0 through 3.8.3) More information »
Please see the documentation wiki for more information about the security patches.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Contact form loses data after submission with error #17743
- Smart Search performance improvement for common words #12450
- Performance improvement in Smart Search indexing process #17390
- Update jQuery Autocomplete to 1.4.7 #18113
- Update CodeMirror to 5.33.0 #18880
- Update srcset url conversion to handle commas and spaces #18327
- Custom Fields: Handle tag items properly #19006
- Fix filepath to PHPMailer language file #19072
- Display category title as page heading and page title when no menu item for com_content category #19195
- Respect access level in com_content #18417
- Miscellaneous PHP 7.2 compatibility fixes